Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

June 14, 2009

The Hunger Games

So many people have been talking about how excited they are about the second book in the Hunger Games series called Catching Fire that comes out in September that I decided to see what all the fuss was about and read Hunger Games. I have to say that I loved it!

It is a great story about the nation of Panem which consists of a Capitol surrounded by 12 districts, each year one girl and one boy are chosen from each district to participate in the Hunger Games where they fight to the death for the amusement of the people, as well as to show the dominance that the capitol has over the people.

This book consists of three things I personally love to see in a book. Edge of your seat adventure, compelling characters, and a strong female main character.

In this action filled novel there are hints of romance, feelings of allegiance and caring about another person almost as much as you care for yourself. Suzanne Collins has created a winning story with the characters of Katniss, Gale, and Peeta.

Edited to add: Since the movie has come out more and more people are looking into this series and I have to say that I definitly reccomement it to everyone. It is a story of stainding up for whats right no matter what. The Hunger Games and the following books are a mirror to our society, one of the things that is so terrifying about these books is that I can totally see sometihng like this oming to pass. People cheering and not caring tha 23 kids are dying, we are not far enough away from that reality, so while you are watching the movie or reading the books think about that.

Score: 10/10
Photobucket
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. omg i havent read this one!! now you make me want to get off my butt and head down to the nearest B&N lol =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo good i read it too. at first i was like killing how??? i mean but then when the romance and everything came up

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!