Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

October 19, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Traitor and the Tunnel

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that I’m eagerly anticipating.
 
Title: The Traitor and the Tunnel (The Agency #3)
Author: Y.S. Lee
Pub Date: February 28, 2012
Publisher: Candlewick Press
Summary:
Queen Victoria has a little problem: there’s a petty thief at work in Buckingham Palace. Mary Quinn takes the simple case, going undercover as a domestic servant. But before long, a scandal threatens to tear apart the Royal Family.
One of the Prince of Wales’s irresponsible young friends is killed in disgraceful circumstances. Should the Queen hush things up or allow justice to take its course? Mary’s interest in this private matter soon becomes deeply personal: the killer, a drug-addicted Chinese sailor, shares a name with her long-lost father.
Meanwhile, James Easton’s engineering firm is repairing the sewers beneath Buckingham Palace. Trouble is, there’s a tunnel that’s not on the plans. Its purpose is unclear. But it seems to be very much in use.
These overlapping puzzles offer a perfect opportunity for Mary and James to work together again… if they can still trust one another. This is Mary’s most personal case yet and she has everything to lose.
 


Why I can’t wait!: I adored the other two books in the series (see my review of the second book, The Body at the Tower http://mariah-readingadventure.blogspot.com/2010/08/body-at-tower.html) And I always love a good mystery!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Great pick! It was one of my WoW picks this week too. I was nearly tempted to buy the British version on Book Depository since it has been out since the summer. I agree that this is a fantastic mystery series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm tempted to go buy it...

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!