Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

February 8, 2011

Vive L’Amour Favorite Fictional Lovers

 

image

In celebration of Valentines day I have joined a blog hop. Today is my day to share some of my favorite fictional lovers.

My favorite lovers from Random Magic were Callie/Calliope and Nevermore because he was constantly helping her come up with the things (mostly words) that she was missing.

NOT ALL OF THESE CHARACTERS NESESARILY GET TOGETHER. THEY ARE JUST CUTE POSSIBLE COUPLES!

1. Yelena and Valek from the Study series by Maria V. Snyder These two characters have a very different relationship. It stems from a captive captor situation to a very nice place!

2. Anna and Etienne from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins I love these two characters because their relationship is so real and relatable. Also this book is amazing!

3. Todd and Fiona from A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker The funny banter between these two is to die for. It will keep you laughing for hours!

4. Bianca and Wesley from The DUFF by Kody Keplinger These two have a very odd relationship that starts physical and moves into another world. A great fictional couple

5. Katsa and Po from Graceling by Kristen Cashore One of my absolute favorite fictional lovers. I love how they work together and complement each other perfectly

6. Fire and Brigan from Fire by Kristen Cashore Their relationship is so realistic and I love the character development between the two of them!

image

Bonus: Sweet treat – Classic love poem

“Go From Me” by Elizabeth Barrett Browning

The widest land
Doom takes to part us, leaves thy heart in mine
With pulses that beat double.


Free MP3 download: (

http://tinyurl.com/5vgsyt2)
(Click: Download episode)

Feel free to play the Queen of Hearts tour game
for Random Magic Tour: Vive L'Amour (Feb. 1-14)
- just collect more candy hearts like this
one and you might win a sweet prize!


Who are some of your favorite fictional lovers, in
books you’ve read or movies you’ve seen? Feel free to share your
comments below.

1012898

9 comments:

  1. Katsa and Po were great. They really did work well together. i think ym favorite couple would be Alli and Nawat from Trickster's Choice and Tricker's Queen by Tamora Pierce. Nawat was the sweetest guy ever. I only wish that they had waited; then it would have been perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to meeting katsa and po as they are in the tbr pile. but would really like to meet todd and fiona. love fun and funny banter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I haven't read any of the books you mentioned. But I have Anna and the French Kiss on my shelf - I am looking forward to meeting Anna and Etienne .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did like Valek and Yelena, however I did not continue that series after the first book. Looking forward to Graceling and Fire, but I'm not liking the name Po:) I liked Katniss and Peeta from Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok... have read the Kristen Cashore books, but not the others. Yikes! I have always been partial to Gomez and Morticia, but if I think about couples in books, one of the somewhat oddly romantic ones that comes to mind are Lin and Isaac from China Mieville's Perdido Street Station. She's an artist, and he's a scientist of sorts -- and they are both from different social groups, so they have to hide their relationship.

    Ok ... enough rambling from me. Nice post!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these books!:P
    All of them are most definitely on my TBR!
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Happy V-day Touring!
    Cheers,
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dash & Lili ( Dash& Lili's book of dares ) ...


    I'm going to read A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker .... to see for myself how funny they are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the character of Katsa and Po,Anna and Etienne these two couple are so nicely portrayed..i read the books Graceling and Anna and the French Kiss..these love stories seems so real and beautiful that you fall in love with them..they are extremely wonderful..Now i am looking forward to read other books also..If you like love stories then read them..its a nice collection..

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!