Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

February 24, 2011

Debugging Tori Redding

 

imageTitle: Debugging Tori Redding
Author: Jason Ancona
Publisher: CreateSpace
Release Date: December 19, 2010
Received From: Teen {Book} Scene


Summary:

Fed up with her peers and their loose morals, Tori starts a new school program, the Not So Fast club, a group dedicated to keeping teens from doing everything they want to do--drink, have sex, and rush to grow up.
A severe toothache interrupts her plan, sending her to the dentist, where she's given an emergency root canal. During the surgery, she's electrocuted and ends up blacking out. When she awakes, her brain has the ability to function like a computer.
Tori uses her new skills and aggressive personality to charge up the club.
Hated by the entire school, she discovers that NSF now stands for: Narcs Suck Farts. Game on. Tori memorizes every school rule, issuing tickets for every little infraction.
After a serious crime occurs, Tori must use her talents to save a life, all while trying to free herself from her mind.

 

Review:

 I don’t normally review self published books, not because they are all bad but because the good ones are few and far between. But I was drawn in by the interesting premise of this story.

For the most part I liked this book! I loved the mystery as well as the gift aspect. Also the characters were very intriguing and I loved the little bit of romance. I also really liked Tori’s go getter attitude. She really wanted to help her school and that is very rare in real life.

One of the things I did not like was the fact that the ability was only used a little. I wish it had been a bigger part of the story line. It was almost like it was forgotten halfway through the book and then remembered toward the end. But overall I enjoyed this book!

3.5 ivy3

 

 

1012898

 

 

image

1 comments:

  1. new GFC follower! love the blog, found it on the YA book blog directory! =] im excited to read more!! and this book....sounds...AMAZING. exactly the type i LOVE. how did you get ahold of it? want to pass it on?! =]

    follow me?!
    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!