Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

May 27, 2010

Shadow

Title:  Shadow
Author:  Jenny Moss
Publisher:  Scolastic
Release Date:  April 1, 2010
Received From:  ATWT
In a time of kings, queens, and conspiracy, it's impossible to know whom one can trust. . . .

In a kingdom far away and long ago, it was prophesied at her birth that the queen would die before her sixteenth birthday. So Shadow, an orphan girl the same age as the young queen, was given the duty to watch her every move. And as prophesies do tend to come true, the queen is poisoned days before her birthday. When the castle is thrown into chaos, Shadow escapes with a young knight, whom she believes was betrothed to the queen.
Unsure of why she is following Sir Kenway, but determined to escape as far as possible from the castle, her long-time prison, Shadow sets off on an adventure with the handsome knight who has been charged with protecting her. As mystery builds, and romantic tension does, too, Shadow begins to wonder what her role in the kingdom truly is. Soon, she learns, it is up to her to save her land.

I was expecting a lot more from this book, based on the synopsis. More adventure and even more intrigue. But I was sadly disappointed, the book was confusing and I really did not understand what was going on until like 40 pages into the book.

Ok, so it was not all bad, once I got into it, it was pretty good, but a little boring. I felt like the plot kept jumping around, and that the characters were disconnected. And while the ending was complete I wish it had been more spontaneous. I have to say the ending of the book was my favorite part of the book.

Shadow was an interesting character who was just trying to find herself. I wish the rest of the book could have been as interesting as her. I do have to say that, it was an interesting premise, I just wish it had been executed in a different way.

2/5

1 comments:

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!