Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

May 6, 2010

Restoring Harmony

Title: Restoring Harmony
Author: Joelle Anthony
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Release Date: May 13, 2010
Received From:  ATWT


The year is 2041, and sixteen-year-old Molly McClure has lived a relatively quiet life on an isolated farming island in Canada, but when her family fears the worst may have happened to her grandparents in the US, Molly must brave the dangerous, chaotic world left after global economic collapse—one of massive oil shortages, rampant crime, and abandoned cities.

Molly is relieved to find her grandparents alive in their Portland suburb, but they’re financially ruined and practically starving. What should’ve been a quick trip turns into a full-fledged rescue mission. And when Molly witnesses something the local crime bosses wishes she hadn’t, Molly’s only way home may be to beat them at their own game. Luckily, there’s a handsome stranger who’s willing to help.

I really need to stop having preconceived notions of what books are going to be like, because this one was nothing like what I thought it was going to be like. This book is not what I would personally classify as dystopian, I mean I guess it is like the end of the world as we know it type of thing, but basically to me it just felt like just everyone basically just had to go back to their roots, such as growing their own veggies ect.

So probably if this book had not been labeled as dystopian maybe I would have liked it better. It was not all bad though, the characters were different and interesting, but all in all it was really just kind of a slow read, that felt rushed at the end.

Another thing about this book that bothered me was the fact that all of Molly's problems were solved really quickly, and easily, which was a little annoying.

Overall not a bad book, just not at all what I thought it was going to be, but for what it was it was an ok book. Kind of slow, but it had some good characters. I will read more from Joelle Anthony, because of her characters, but this one was just not for me.

2.5/5

1 comments:

  1. Thanks for the honest review! I think I'll give this one a chance. I really like the cover :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!