Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

January 9, 2010

Need


Title: Need
Author:Carrie Jones
Publisher: Bloomsbury Children's
Release Date: December 23, 2008
Received From: Library

 Zara collects phobias the way other high school girls collect lipsticks. Little wonder, since life’s been pretty rough so far. Her father left, her stepfather just died, and her mother’s pretty much checked out. Now Zara’s living with her grandmother in sleepy, cold Maine so that she stays “safe.” Zara doesn’t think she’s in danger; she thinks her mother can’t deal.

Wrong. Turns out that guy she sees everywhere, the one leaving trails of gold glitter, isn’t a figment of her imagination. He’s a pixie—and not the cute, lovable kind with wings. He’s the kind who has dreadful, uncontrollable needs. And he’s trailing Zara.

I cannot believe that I waited this long to read this fabulous book! I mean the premise is so different and I read so many excellent reviews about it. But I am so glad I finally read it!

Carrie Jones has written a book that defy's description. All of the characters are beautifully written, and life-like. Their wants and needs are relate-able (besides wanting to escape from a pixie, but we would too if we were being followed). The plot was beautifully written, I was drawn in and not let go even after the book was over.

I have never read a book about pixies before and I am so glad Carrie wrote about them because she portrayed them in a way that is completely opposite from the traditional view of pixies and I really enjoyed that. Also Zara deals with some real life problems which make her really easy to understand.


Overall a fabulous book and I cannot wait for more from this incredible author!


5/5


 

7 comments:

  1. Awesome review! It took me until a couple months ago to finally read NEED too, and I can still hardly believe I let this one slip under my radar for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just makes me want to read Need even more. Great Review!

    ~Lizzie
    The Book Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so glad you liked this one. This and captivate are on my wish list.

    Elie
    Ellz Readz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok so I like need Need. I have wanted to read this book for so long and being The Book Pixie, I find it only proper. lol. Thank you for the review, I'm glad you enjoyed this book.

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you don’t mind that I spotlighted your blog here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one does sound good. I have seen it reviewed before and always favorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for Pixies! Now I'm wondering why I've been waiting so long to read this book!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!