Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

January 18, 2010

Captivate


Title: Captivate
Author:Carrie Jones
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA
Release Date: January 10, 2010
Received From:  Around the World Tours


Zara and her friends knew they hadn't solved the pixie problem for good. Far from it. The king's needs grow deeper every day he's stuck in captivity, while his control over his people gets weaker. It's made him vulnerable. And now there's a new king in town.

A turf war is imminent, since the new pixie king, Astley, is moving in quickly. Nick nearly killed him in the woods on day one, but Zara came to his rescue. Astley swears that he and Zara are destined to be together, that he's one of the good guys. Nick isn't buying it, though Zara isn't as sure -- despite herself, she wants to trust the new king. But it's a lot more than her relationship with Nick that is at stake. It's her life -- and his.


(Warning: Spoilers if you haven't read Need, something you need to do)


Captivate, captivated me! I was lucky enough to get my hands on a copy so soon after I read Need, because I don't think I could have waited that long to read it!


While not as good as Need it was fantastic! Carrie Jones has created a world of characters that I have fallen in love with! I mean during this book there was a part that made me tear up. (You know you did too if you have read it) and that is definitely a sign of great storytelling abilities. The characters grew some which I appreciated, and the plot moved forward, and I cannot wait until the next book!!!! If you have not read this series you definitely need to!


Overall a great book! I cannot wait for the next book and I definitely recommend this series!


Check out my review for Need.


5/5


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!