Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

November 14, 2009

Candor by Pam Bachorz


Oscar Banks has everything under control. In a town
where his father brainwashes everyone, he's found a way
to secretly fight the subliminal Messages. He's got them
all fooled: Oscar's the top student and the best-behaved
teen in town. Nobody knows he's made his own Messages
to deprogram his brain. Oscar has even found a way to
get rich. For a hefty price, he helps new kids escape
Candor, Florida before they're transformed into
cookie-cutter teens. But then Nia Silva moves to Candor,
and Oscar's carefully-controlled world crumbles.


This book has a great concept. It is different and really intersting. The whole idea is innovative and thought out well.

I basically don't like books with male main characters, especially ones that are based in today's society because I cannot relate to their feelings. But many books that i have been reading lately have been slowly changing my mind. This book was one of them. While some parts were slightly awkward for me, being a girl and all, they were overshadowed by the wonderfully written prose and plot. The cahracters were well written and did not seem fake.

The only criticism I would have is that I did not care for the ending. But besides that I was a really good book and a great debut!

4.5/5








This was a 1 ARC Tour

7 comments:

  1. I actually saw the book trailer for this a couple of months ago. It seems really interesting, and it seems like a Stepford Wives for teenagers. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should give this book a try - I've been looking for a good book with a good male protagonist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really intriguing concept. I enjoyed your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read this book because it is a male main character. I don't read many books like that. I want to give them a shot.

    Nice review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds interesting. Some good books with guys are; Who will Tell My brother, Whale Talk and Marcelo in the Real World. And Gringolandia (which you've already read :) Please pick up your award http://blackteensread2.blogspot.com/2009/11/waiting-on-wednesday-awards-reading-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your review has made me want to move this UP in my TBR pile - Thanks! :) I have it just need to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Review!

    I want to read Candor even more now :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!