Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

September 2, 2009

Interview with Jessica Verday

Today I have an interview with debut author of The Hollow Jessica Verday! Her book came out yesterday so you should go check it out!

Who is your favorite character from The Hollow?
Nikolas

What kind of research did you do for The Hollow?
I did a lot of research on perfume making. And I also did a lot of research on the town of Sleepy Hollow itself, visiting in person on several occasions.

Where do you get your inspiration?
I've always loved The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving, and I loved the Tim Burton movie; Sleepy Hollow. When I heard Abbey's voice in my head, I decided to take a trip to the real Sleepy Hollow. And it all came together from there.

When did you seriously start pursuing writing?
As soon as I finished The Hollow in 2007.

How long does it usually take you to write a book?
The Hollow took a year and a half, book 2 took about four months. (I was on a tighter deadline for book 2)

Were you a big writer or reader growing up? What about now? Do you prefer writing your own books or reading someone else's? I was a reader before I was a writer and I still prefer reading over writing. It's harder to get excited when you know what's going to happen.


What was your favorite book growing up? What about now? Do you have a favorite genre or do you like them all? Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte then, I don't currently have a favorite right now. I like them all, romance, mystery, thriller etc.

What do you do when you have writers block? Get inspired! I read books, listen to music and dig out my favorite movies until I find something to inspire me.

What are you currently reading? The Eternal Kiss Anthology by multiple authors

What makes The Hollow different from other paranormal YA books? It's a very grounded story. Although there are certain paranormal aspects, it's not so over the top that you couldn't picture it happening to you.

Thanks!

Thanks for having me!

Also check out The Hollow's website to learn more! http://www.jessicaverday.com/

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Great interview! Interesting answer to the last question--I've already been looking forward to this book, now I'm extra excited :]

    BTW while I'm here, I'm fairly new to the book blogging world, if you could visit my blog & let me know any suggestions, etc. that would be great :] Be sure to take a look @ the contest also!

    http://ireadd.blogspot.com

    --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I cannot wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I can't wait to read this book either.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!