Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

July 12, 2015

Summer Blogger Promo Tour Week 2: Jillian's Books!


Today on the second week of the Summer Blogger Promo Tour I have Jillian from Jillian's Books! Shes here to match some songs to their book soulmate!


3 Songs That Perfectly Match 3 Books
     1)Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
-- Song: Gale Song by The Lumineers
-- Description: Second Chance Summer is an incredibly heartbreaking book that narrates
    the story of Taylor Edwards. For one summer, she is given a second chance to do every-
    thing right, to fix all the stuff she had left br
oken in the past, to relive the memories of 
    the past…To recreate the relationships she thought could never mend at all.

    But it isn’t also just about those things. Taylor’s father has cancer, and he only has months
    left to live. With those remaining months left, Taylor is not quite sure if she is ready to say
    goodbye with the only summer she has left to make everything right.

    “Gale Song” by The Lumineers perfectly fits the story! This sad song is about letting go out
    of love, and I think it perfectly portrays the relationship between Taylor and her father.

2      2)Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
-- Song: Faith (When I Let You Down) by Taking Back Sunday
-- Description: Laini Taylor’s book not only showcases its fantasy aspects, but also a brilliant
    and heartwarming relationship between an angel and a devil – namely, Karou and Akiva.
    Throughout, both characters undergo different circumstances that test their belief, faith,
    and love for each other.

    Personally, I find Taking Back Sunday’s song (WHICH I LOVE) a reflection of the crumbl-
    ing faith the two have for each other, and the many personal ways how one would fight
    to maintain their faith and relationship whole once again.
   

     3)T he Fault in our Stars by John Green
-- Song: Dream by Priscilla Ahn
-- Description: In TFIOS, we see two cancer patients fall for each other in spite of their
    health getting in the way. Despite the two’s illnesses, Hazel and Augustus still continued
    to live life as if their days were never numbered at all.

    Priscilla Ahn’s beautiful song truly shows Hazel’s and Augustus’s intentions of living life to
    to the fullest and becoming ready of whatever comes next in life.





ABOUT THE BLOGGER



I'm Jillian, and I'm 14 years old. I come from Manila, Philippines, and I have a huge love for reading and writing. I love making new friends so don't hesitate to talk to me!





CONNECT WITH JILLIAN!

Blog | Twitter | Goodreads |

2 comments:

  1. What great recommendations! Great post this week :) -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a student I like to read book whenever i get time . they just don't help me to keep indulge with something but also improves my vocabulary . going through your blogs was great .I the basis of your views I decided to read few book and I really enjoyed reading them . Carry on the good work .
    Primary ka master is a site which presents all the day to day happening related to government educational exams held across the country. It provides all the relevant news for BTC which is replaced by D.EL.ED. It even provides information about TET news. Primary ka master has proved to be beneficial for people with basic siksha news. Basic siksha news keeps the person updated with the latest changes brought by siksha parishad.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!