Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

March 19, 2011

Jane

Title: Jane
Author: April Linder
Publisher:  Poppy
Release Date:  September 23, 2010
Received From: ATWT

Summary: Forced to drop out of an esteemed East Coast college after the sudden death of her parents, Jane Moore takes a nanny job at Thornfield Park, the estate of Nico Rathburn, an iconic rock star on the brink of a huge comeback. Practical and independent, Jane reluctantly becomes entranced by her magnetic and brooding employer, and finds herself in the midst of a forbidden romance. But there's a mystery at Thornfield, and Jane's much-envied relationship with Nico is tested by a torturous secret from his past.
Part irresistible romance and part darkly engrossing mystery, this contemporary retelling of the beloved classic Jane Eyre promises to enchant a new generation of readers

Review:

Very enjoyable modern adaptation of Jane Austin’s time-tested classic is how I would describe this book.

I started reading this book less than a month after reading Jane Eyre. I was amazed by how similar the stories were. Of course Jane does not begin with Jane being a young child  and of course Mr. Rochester was not a rock star. But the major events and basic storyline were more similar than I expected.

I actually was not a huge fan of Jane Eyre *don’t hurt me* but I really enjoyed this fast paced version. But I have to say that I liked knowing Jane from a young age in Jane Eyre better because I could understand her motivations better.

I think this book will be enjoyed by both Jane Eyre lovers and haters.

P.S. Has anyone seen the new movie? Is it worth seeing?

4 ivy2

 

 

1012898

1 comments:

  1. Nope have not seen the movie. I only seen the older ones. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!