Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

August 1, 2010

The Eternal Ones

Title:  The Eternal Ones
Author:  Kirsten Miller
Publisher: Razorbill
Release Date: August 10, 2010
Received From:  ATWT and ALA
Haven Moore can’t control her visions of a past with a boy called Ethan, and a life in New York that ended in fiery tragedy. In our present, she designs beautiful dresses for her classmates with her best friend Beau. Dressmaking keeps her sane, since she lives with her widowed and heartbroken mother in her tyrannical grandmother’s house in Snope City, a tiny town in Tennessee. Then an impossible group of coincidences conspire to force her to flee to New York, to discover who she is, and who she was.

In New York, Haven meets Iain Morrow and is swept into an epic love affair that feels both deeply fated and terribly dangerous. Iain is suspected of murdering a rock star and Haven wonders, could he have murdered her in a past life? She visits the Ouroboros Society and discovers a murky world of reincarnation that stretches across millennia. Haven must discover the secrets hidden in her past lives, and loves¸ before all is lost and the cycle begins again.

 I first fell in love with Kirsten's writing in her Kiki Strike novels which if you have not read you need to. The Eternal Ones was a huge jump from the Kiki Strike series but still fun, so if you liked those books you will like The Eternal Ones as well!


The first time I read this book I was dumbfounded, throughout the entire book I had no idea who the bad guy was. Just like Haven I was constantly confused by who the villain was. I would think it was SPOILER but then he would reassure her and so I would think it was SPOILER just to be convinced it was the other person again. I love books where I am just as surprised as the character when I find out who the bad person is.

The second time I read it (after ALA) I found myself still unsure who the bad person was even though I knew who it was. I found myself thinking, maybe I was wrong and it was SPOILER, that is good storytelling people.

The characters were beautifully written. They were all different and convincing. Beau was definitely my favorite I want him to be my best friend!

I really enjoyed this book! And I definitely recommend it to everyone!





3 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until it comes out in Australia. And the blog for the book is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!