Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

December 6, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday; Childhood Faves

So I have decided to start participating in Top Ten Tuesdays hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.

image

This week’s topic is Top Ten Childhood Faves

1. Hope was here by Joan Bauer; This is such a great book and I think everyone needs to read it, young or old.

image2. Beauty by Robin McKinley; I adored this book! The imagery is fantastic and the story is beautiful. It is still one of my favorite books of all time.

3. The Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I think most people my age grew up with these books and they were an integral part of my childhood. I can remember my dad reading The Little House in the Big Woods to me.

4. The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe series by C.S. Lewis I loved reading these books, I think they were one of the first series that I read all the way through all by myself.

5. The Wizard of Oz. This is another book that I remember my dad reading to me. He used to read a chapter a night to me before I went toimage sleep.

6. One Fish, Two Fish by Doctor Seuss. My parents claim to have read this book to me even before I was born and I can remember reading it to my brother when he was little as well. (My mom used to make me read to my brother when we were little because she said he needed to be read to and I needed to practice my reading.) So this book was an integral part of my childhood.

I am sure there are more but that’s all I can think of right now, basically the moral of the story for me is that you need to read to your kids because it will create memories that will last a lifetime, and get your kids hooked on reading!

If you participated this week leave a link in the comments! I would love to see your childhood faves!

mariah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!