Home       Disclaimer       Criteria       Review Policy       Contact       About       Reviews       An Adventurer's Guide to What to Read!

September 12, 2011

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Title: Divergent
Author: Veronica Roth
Publisher: HarperCollins Children’s Books
Release Date: May 1, 2011
Received From: Public Library

Summary: 
Beatrice "Tris" Prior has reached the fateful age of sixteen, the stage at which teenagers in Veronica Roth's dystopian Chicago must select which of five factions to join for life. Each faction represents a virtue: Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, and Erudite. (REMOVED FOR SPOILER)  Her choice exposes her to the demanding, violent initiation rites of this group, but it also threatens to expose a personal secret that could place in mortal danger. Veronica Roth's young adult Divergent trilogy launches with a captivating adventure about love and loyalty playing out under most extreme circumstances.

th_Review-1
I had heard many wonderful things about this book and all of them were true! It was engaging, entertaining, and really made me think about what I would do if I were in that situation. What faction I would choose etc..
I loved Tris as a character, she was strong, but vulnerable, and her worries were valid and sound. Her spunk is what propelled this story. The other characters were great as well, the tension between Four and Eric really showed the cracks in the system as well as creating a great foil for the conflict between Abignation and Erudite.
I’m not going to lie, most of this book was set up for the next books but Roth did an excellent job making sure it wasn’t boring or too drawn out. I especially liked the different stages and thinking about how I would react in that situation.
The romance in this book was not too in your face, for the first 3/4 of the book it was barely there which I liked because it grew not just instant love like in many other books lately.
Overall an amazing dystopian tale which will keep you on your toes and challenge what you believe about society.
th_Rating-1
th_5maps-1


mariah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, I will try to answer all of them time willing!